September is officially California Wine Month and The Wine Institute has put together a list of the top wine festivals to visit throughout the state. The Wine Institute represents over one thousand wineries and associated businesses from many different wine regions throughout California and works to represent the industry at all levels. This means that when The Wine Institute puts out a Top 10 list, they mean business.
Any one of the dozens of wineries and regions will offer special tastings, wine immersion experiences, concerts, tours, and festivals. It’s merely a matter of choosing which ones to visit; it is likely going to be difficult to limit your choices with 122 viticultural areas from which to pick! Most of the festivals go for the whole month but some are only for one day, or for certain days of the month, so check with the specific websites for more info. Specific details about all of the events planned for September can be seen on the California Wines website.
Without further ado, here are the Top 10 harvest festivals as recommended by The Wine Institute of California:
- Santa Ynez Valley Wine Month
- Sonoma Wine Country Weekend
- Livermore Valley’s Harvest Wine Celebration
- Mendocino Winesong Charity Auction and Tasting
- Lake Tahoe Autumn Food & Wine Festival
- Capitola Art and Wine Festival
- Madera Vintners’ California Wine Month Celebration
- Crush: Temecula Valley Wine & Culinary Showcase
- Sunset magazine’s Savor the Central Coast
- Sip Savor Lodi