On Saturday, May 30, Nevada County will showcase its wonderful outdoors trails in a community celebration that takes place in Nevada City beginning at 8am. This event is put on by the Bear Yuba Land Trust and features early morning hikes, a family bike ride, and a run for those who enjoy a good 5-mile run.
The trails range from easy to intermediate, and are as follows:
- 8am – Missouri Creek to Poorman Creek led by Hank Meals – Challenging (10 miles)
- 9am – Cultural and Botanical Walk on the Tribute Trail with Nevada City Rancheria, Nisenan Tribe and Sierra Streams Institute
- 9am – Family Mountain Bike Ride and Clinic
- 9am -. Scotts Flat Lake Run
- 9:30 am – Family Hike on the Hirschman Trail with FREED and Sierra Club
For complete details on these trails, click here.
After the outdoor activities have been completed, the Trails Day Fair begins at 11am. This portion of the event will feature speakers, booths will all sorts of information and items, rescued birds, Smokey Bear, bike repairs, food, music and so much more.
It’s really a wonderful opportunity to meet other outdoor enthusiasts in the community and learn all about the County’s wonderful trails.
The event officially kicks off on Wednesday, May 27, from 6 to 10pm for some food and drinks. But, the real fun is on Saturday when you can actually hit the trails and soak up Nevada County’s outdoor charm.
Event Location: 631 Coyote Street, Nevada City, CA
For more information, check out the Bear Yuba Land Trust’s official website.